Recent Commercial Posts
New Years Cleaning Resolutions for Your Business
It’s that time of year again. The time of year where everyone is thinking about what they can do to make the new year even better than the last one. Business owners are planning ways to do better business and how to succeed in bigger ways, and you’re no exception.
One of the challenges any business owner faces is that of keeping their place of work clean and tidy, presenting a great image to the rest of the world. Perhaps in your case, your processes haven’t been the best, or everyone has just gotten busy with other things. It’s understandable; there is so much that must be attended to when running a business, even if it’s a small, local organization.
Here are some tips for New Years cleaning resolutions you can make with your staff to help keep everything looking good:
- Delegate. Put together committees made up of the people who work for you and delegate specific areas of your grounds to keep up. You may be in a position to add a pay incentive for a job well done, or perhaps staff members can go home a bit early on Friday. Incentives are always a good idea!
- Organize. Have a cleaning schedule posted in a noticeable spot so that everyone knows what needs to be kept up. If you are having professional cleaners come in, make that schedule available so that your staff can do a bit of prepping before they come in, such as remove fragile personal items from desktops, or put up breakable items in the kitchen or break room.
- Tidy. If your workspaces are neat and tidy, they will be much easier to keep clean. Encourage everyone to pick up after themselves and to limit the amount of clutter they keep at their desks and workspaces. Clutter is also a safety hazard and could save you money spent on injuries.
- Sanitize. Keeping work areas clean and sanitized on a regular basis, like perhaps every Friday evening before going home, will go a long way towards preventing seasonal illnesses.
The SERVPRO of Huron and East Seneca team is ready to help you with all cleaning needs for your business. Call us today for a consultation! We are experts at fire damage restoration and water damage restoration, and we offer mold inspection and mold remediation services, as well!
Caring for the HVAC in Your Commercial Buildings
For the care of your HVAC systems in your commercial buildings, engaging a professional HVAC company to do maintenance on your system every spring and fall will ensure that the heating and cooling of your property is running as efficiently as possible. Inspection and cleaning of the wiring and mechanisms of all your HVAC units will be completed, which requires the kind of training these professionals have. The experience and expertise of such a company is invaluable to any business owner since the comfort of all interiors and the energy efficiency of the buildings themselves is important to residents, tenants, and the owner alike.
Here are some things you can do yourself as a commercial business owner both monthly and seasonally to maintain and prolong the life and efficiency of all your units and systems in between professional maintenance visits:
- Use high efficiency, pleated air filters. These types of filters have an electrostatic charge that works like a magnet to attract particles, such as those that carry bacteria.
- Keep HVAC units free of grass, leaves, and pollen. Make sure landscaping companies don’t allow grass to shower on top of any exterior units on the grounds.
- Clear two feet of space around all outdoor heating and cooling units.
- Inspect refrigerant lines each month.
- Replace air filter at least every 90 days.
- In summer, turn off the water to the furnace humidifier.
- In fall, replace the humidifier filter and turn on the water.
- Replace your carbon monoxide detector battery.
- Ensure outdoor AC unit is on firm and level ground.
- Clean AC condensate drain with bleach/water mixture.
Have your professional maintenance company check all your ductwork to make sure it’s sealed properly when they come to tune-up your HVAC. For more energy savings, preprogram the thermostats in your building.
Here at SERVPRO of Huron and East Seneca, we care about you and your business. When it comes to caring for the HVAC system in your commercial building, we are here to help. Visit our website, or call us today at: (419) 443-1790. We offer our services to a wide area across the greater East Seneca areas, including Green Springs, Milan, Wakeman, and more!
Keeping Your Break Room Clean
The break room is a popular space, a place where the staff comes together to eat, visit, and relax during their lunch hours or mid-shift breaks. It’s the spot that will be used for the occasional potluck put together for holidays or staff birthdays, or perhaps a celebration of retirement or awards earned. Keeping this common area as clean and comfortable as possible is good for morale, and will play a part in the happy memories your employees will have of working for you.
When outfitting your break room and considering appliances and furniture, comfort should be the first word that comes to mind. This room needs to be the place your workers go to relax, so chairs and tables need to be large enough for a crossword puzzle game or to hold several trays of food during a potluck, and the chairs should be easy on the back and seat. Just as importantly, though, they should be constructed of materials that are easy to clean and disinfect and are able to stand heavy usage and the test of time.
The appliances chosen need to be user-friendly and placed so that anyone from the shortest to the tallest can use them conveniently, and they also should be simple to clean and maintain. No one likes to use a microwave that is covered with samples of the last week’s lunches inside!
A cleaning checklist should be available, and a team should be designated to care for this area of your business. You can get input from the whole team as to what should be done and when, and then everyone will be on the same page to keep your break room spic and span.
If water or fire damage happens, call a professional cleaning company to come in and get you back to normal. For heavy duty cleaning projects such as stripping and waxing floors or washing walls and ceilings, this type of company can be a great help, too.
The team at SERVPRO of Huron and East Seneca Counties is here to help with all your cleanup needs, large or small. Call us today at (419) 443 1790.
A Cleaning Checklist for Your Business in the Fall
A wise business owner is always thinking about the future, making sure that material and product orders are placed well in advance, employee schedules are completed and posted weeks ahead of time, and customer complaints and concerns are dealt with in a timely manner. Keeping proper records of everything that needs to be done is a necessity, and checklists are helpful in this way. Keeping your business clean and your work environment pleasant and healthy will require a checklist, as well. Here’s a sample of what a cleaning checklist for Fall could look like:
- Keep entryways neat and tidy; wet Fall weather means wet and muddy footprints as well as leaves and debris.
- Clean and disinfect all bathrooms including: mirror, countertop, sinks, and both the inside and outer area of toilets, paying close attention to the flooring around the base, and the base itself.
- Clean and disinfect doors, door handles, and light switches in preparation for the coming flu season.
- Sweep and mop floors using a disinfectant liquid. Make sure the mop head gets cleaned and/or replaced regularly to keep mold from taking hold.
- Clean cigarette trash from provided receptacles.
- Clean and polish drinking fountain, if you have one.
- Clean and disinfect kitchen area, including the sinks and countertops.
- Clean all glass, especially entrance doors.
- Wipe down and disinfect work desks and machinery such as phones, keyboards, printers, and filing cabinets.
- Sweep and vacuum all offices.
- Dust accessible window sills and baseboards.
- Dust artwork, framed certifications and news articles, etc. You want your image to shine!
- Clean out refrigerator and wash/disinfect microwave.
- Sweep exterior entrances, both front and back.
- Make sure break areas are clean and presentable.
- Remove trash and debris from parking areas.
- Inspect roofing, exterior doors and windows, and parking areas for potential problems and maintenance needs.
- Trim back large bushes and tree limbs on your property before inclement Fall weather.
- Do a quick inspection of fencing and entrance gates.
- Schedule periodic maintenance of all HVAC systems and duct work.
Here at SERVPRO of Huron and East Seneca Counties, we are prepared to help you handle all your cleaning and maintenance projects, both large and small. Call us at (419) 443-1790 for cleanup assistance after water or fire damage. We are also experienced in mold remediation. Visit our website: SERVPRO of Huron and East Seneca Counties