Preparing Your Business for Winter Storms
Preparing properly for an oncoming winter storm is essential as a business owner. You have invested lots of time, money, and effort into your business and property, and you will want to safeguard it against damages that can come from winter storms.
- Pipes and water mains. Make sure that all of your pipes and water mains are thoroughly protected against freezing. Do an assessment of the condition of all your water-bearing pipes and fittings and replace anything that is not functioning properly before winter storms hit your area. Be sure to replace any pipes or fitting that are showing cracks or other signs of age.
- Heating. Make sure that all of your heating systems are in good running order. If they need maintenance, you will need to see to this to help prevent possible fire damage. You can call on our team of experts to help you in this area.
- Windows. If you haven’t already, install a new set of storm windows. These should be fitted with a plastic lining on the inside. These windows will help to provide an extra layer of insulation that will work to keep the cold outside air from entering your home during a storm.
- Insulation. You will also need to make sure your business is properly insulated. It's a good idea to caulk your doors and windows and make sure the weather stripping is in good shape.
- Winter storms can be extremely unpredictable. Pipes, fixtures, and sewage systems that lasted through a previous storm may not make it through the next one. If you have any doubts about the ability of your home to survive severe storm damage, call an expert for help with assessments and repairs.
SERVPRO of East Huron & Seneca Counties is here to help you to get your business ready for the colder months ahead. Call for an appointment and visit from our service team today. We are water damage and fire damage experts, and we provide mold inspection and mold remediation services, as well!