What Do You Do If Your New London Business Floods?
As a wise businessperson, you know the importance of taking the time to plan for unforeseen emergencies that could impact your New London property. You've worked hard to get where you are today, and such events can cause you to lose both time and money. A professional restoration company can help you to recover from any disaster.
What Should I Do First If My New London Commercial Building Floods?
- Call The Professionals. A professional restoration company like SERVPRO can be on-site right away to help begin your flood recovery process. If the worst happens, call us immediately at (419) 443-1790!
- Contact Your Insurance Representative. You will want to alert your insurance company right away, as well. They will send a representative out to your location to inspect the damage and start your claim. SERVPRO works with insurance companies during your claims process.
- Determine Water Safety. If the flooding is from rivers or streams or contains chemicals, the water may be contaminated and unsafe. This will need appropriate testing.
- Make Repairs. There will be some repairs and recovery steps you can complete without affecting your claim status. Our SERVPRO technicians can help you determine the best steps for you to take here, as well. Any unsafe conditions must be handled as soon as possible. This includes compromised structures, dangerous exits, unstable entrances, and more.
What Can I Expect From SERVPRO When Experiencing A Flood In My New London Business?
The past few decades have seen a rapid advancement in technology and techniques used in the restoration industry. These advancements are employed by the SERVPRO of Huron & East Seneca Counties professionals to restore your property to preloss condition quickly and effectively. You can expect SERVPRO to use equipment and techniques such as:
Moisture Detection and Measurement Equipment. Scientific drying principles rely upon specialized equipment to watch a property's moisture levels. Recent advances, like infrared cameras, can help us see the water through a wall, ceiling, or floor.
- Our technicians use an infrared camera to identify water location for water removal.
- Sensitive moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
Water Extraction Equipment. Powerful equipment speeds the drying process by removing the bulk of the water from your home or business.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.
Drying Equipment. Industrial strength air movers and dehumidifiers remove the remaining moisture from your property. Proper drying helps to prevent swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture.
- High-speed air movers cause moisture to evaporate at a faster pace.
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
Odor Removal and Deodorization. Water and fire damage often causes powerful odors. The machines we use will remove airborne contaminants and control the air quality.
- Air scrubbers
- Thermal foggers and deodorization agents
Sanitizing Agents, Germicides, and Antimicrobial Treatments. SERVPRO technicians will use OSHA-approved cleaning agents to remove odors and contaminants.
- Deodorization products control odors from excessive moisture.
- Disinfection products stop the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful microorganisms.
Our SERVPRO of Huron & East Seneca Counties team is trained and equipped to handle any emergency you may face in your New London property. We deal with water damage restoration, our services also include mold remediation, storm damage, and more. Let’s keep you open for business!
We can get your home or business Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
This franchise is independently owned and operated.