What Do I Do If My Willard Business Floods?
Your business may experience some damage from flooding; bad weather can be the culprit or malfunctioning machinery might be the cause - there are many ways a flood can occur. When the worst happens, you have the responsibility of figuring out what to do. Always remember that your friends at SERVPRO are only a phone call away at (419) 443 1790!
What Are The Most Important Factors To Consider In Case of A Flood In My Willard Business?
Safety always comes first.
- Please do not enter the building until a professional has cleared your location; it may have been damaged structurally, or flood risk may remain.
- Do not go anywhere near downed power lines or any standing water or metal objects near these downed wires. Stay away from damaged trees, and do not wade into floodwaters.
- Call your professional commercial restoration company and let them know what has happened. SERVPRO can be onsite quickly to start the process of getting you back to normal right away. You are at risk for mold within the first 24-48 hours following a flood. Therefore, it's vital to remove water as soon as possible and that the remediation starts right away. Flooding poses a risk to drywall, support beams, and foundations, as well. Floodwater can also contain dangerous contaminants and sewage, so you must avoid it.
What Are Some Steps I Can Take To Help Restore My Willard Business After A Flood?
- Once the worst has passed, allow your restoration professionals to assess any damage the building has received. They will inspect every part of your Willard property location for possible destruction, including machinery.
- Keep track of everything destroyed or damaged in the storm by documenting your findings through photos or videos. You need to compile a list of damaged items, as well. You will need this list for insurance purposes.
- Remove damaged and fallen trees and branches. If using a chainsaw, take precautions to ensure they do not cause any more damage when they fall.
- Dry your premises by opening windows and doors; it can be helpful to have fans running if you can do it safely.
- When your restoration is complete, put out your Open For Business sign!
No matter your situation, SERVPRO of Huron & East Seneca Counties is here to help whenever a disaster of any type or size occurs. Our specialties include fire damage and water damage restoration, recovery from storm damage, mold remediation, odor removal/deodorization, and much more.
We can get your home or business Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, as well.
This franchise is independently owned and operated.